The Velair Corporate and Social Responsibility Policy 2020
Our aim is to reduce our environmental impact, and to contribute towards social responsibility, particularly in the areas of our social, economic and environmental choices. We take this position as a business, as an employer of staff whose actions can make a positive contribution in this regard, and as a procurer of goods and services.
The term ‘social responsibility’ covers all areas of corporate social responsibility, including (but not limited to) environmental, technical, economic and social issues.
Partnering with Planet Mark
We’re furthering our sustainability commitment by becoming Planet Mark certified through measuring and reducing our carbon footprint. Planet Mark is an internationally recognised sustainability certification that recognises continuous improvement, encourages action and builds an empowered community of like-minded individuals who make a world of difference.
In this crucial Decade of Action, we want to ensure that we are a force for good: positively transforming society and the planet by measuring our own impact on the environment. Over the next year we will be working towards reducing our carbon emissions, and we want to share this journey with our community to encourage others to join us.
Through Planet Mark we are protecting an area of endangered rainforest thanks to Cool Earth; a charity working alongside rainforest communities to halt deforestation. Our pledge through Cool Earth goes directly towards supporting the Asháninka community in Central Peru. Through our commitment to Planet Mark we are also helping the Eden Project – an educational charity building connections with each other and the living world, exploring how we can work together towards a better future.
Each and every one of you plays an important role in our sustainability commitments, and Planet Mark will help to embed sustainability in our business culture so that we can make continual progress. We look forward to sharing our sustainability achievements with the wider community. We encourage you to get in touch if you have any questions, suggestions or would like to get involved.
Since the outbreak of Covid-19 in the UK, Health and Hygiene business FIG Products, felt strongly about doing something to help their country. The South Coast start-up was cofounded by Matt Anderson and...
Considering our Corporate & Social Responsibility policy, we have put in place the following operational practice:
1. We expect to align this policy with our existing policies.
2. We will always do our best to choose an approach which contributes to social responsibility.
3. We recognise that our staff are concerned that we make efforts to improve our active contribution to our social responsibilities. We will seek input from our staff on ideas and approaches and ask them to consider different choices that have similar social responsibility benefits.
4. We will increasingly build social responsibility into our procurement activities.
5. We recognise that this policy may on occasion challenge existing ‘ways of doing things.’ We accept this as a business and as individuals.
6. We will seek to make available a budget for achieving our objectives each year, within the limits of our annual resources.
7. We will ensure that this policy is a living and active document by reviewing and amending as required.
8. Social responsibility will be incorporated into strategic decision making with support for staff involvement to drive and own the policy.
9. As a business we will continue to monitor and reduce the risk of modern slavery within our business and supply chain.